I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 4


Sunday was a nice and relaxing day to myself. I did not make plans with any of my friends, and I did not have plans with Pamela and her family or Margarita and Lupita. So, I took advantage of the personal time and slept-in until 10 or so. Margarita had left me a tamale for breakfast. Apparently there are four different kinds of breakfast tamales: salsa verde, salsa roja, con mole poblano, o dolce. I think I would probably like the mole poblano or dolce ones, but they didn’t have any left at the market when she went, so I was stuck with a salsa verde tamale. Definitely way too much spice and flavor for breakfast. A week or so ago, we also had some sort of tamale for lunch, and I think that was probably my least favorite meal so far. So, I think I am going to steer clear of the tamales in the future.

After breakfast, I showered and got ready before heading back to the huge market area that I had visited with Margarita and Lupita two weeks earlier. I did a lot of looking and some bargaining with the vendors, but only ended up buying some red, white, and green beads for Independence Day. While I was walking around I ended up running into Bryce, Lily, and Megan, which is weird because we all feel like the town is so big and the odds of seeing someone you know should be small. It looked like it was going to rain, so I walked back to the bus stop and took the bus to the Wal-mart closest to my house. I had been craving baked goods, so I stopped and got a donut and muffin, as well as a shirt for Independence day. Then, I walked back to my house to work on a little homework before Skyping with my parents.

Monday we found out that we did not have classes on Wednesday that week either, so with an upcoming 5-day weekend, Monday and Tuesday went by pretty quickly. Monday I had a normal day of classes, followed by an English lesson with Pamela, where we focused on feelings, emotions, and descriptions. After the lesson, I stopped at a department-type store called Suburbia, where I bought a t-shirt that advertises the country’s bicentennial, as well as another red tank-top that I could wear out at some point that weekend. Tuesday was another normal day of classes, including my dance class at night. After, Lily, Bryce, Megan, and I went with Mario, a boy in our dance class to a mall area known as Angelopolis. There, we grabbed a bite to eat, before driving to Cholula and having a few drinks at Tiki. I had a delicious strawberry daiquiri. From there, we walked around for a while with the intention of finding a club to dance at, but there were long lines to get in, and we did not feel like waiting. So, after admiring the great views of the Church of our Lady of Remedies at night, we took taxis back to our houses around 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment