I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Cuisine Course


Last week, I had my last of the seven cooking courses. Since I have last written, we have made chilaquiles verdes, tacos dorados, guacamole, sopa poblana y sopa de frijol, esquites, enfrijoladas, arroz rojo, tortillas, and the famous mole poblano. Throughout the course, my favorite dishes were probably chilaquiles verdes and sopa poblana, followed by the churros, as I am sucker for anything with cinnamon and sugar! Chilaquiles verdes are basically nachos, but the green salsa that we made and the chicken, cheese, cream, and union that we added to them, created a scrumptious combination. Sopa poblana (soup originating in Puebla), contains chile, onion, garlic, bacon, mushrooms, pumpkin, corn, pumpkin flower, cheese, cream, and chicken. It has a very distinct flavor, but one that I have grown to love!

Although I don’t think I have mastered Mexican cooking at all, I believe that with the right kitchen utensils and Mexican foods and flavors, I can certainly whip up a few of the above dishes. : )

Pictures from the last few cooking classes are towards the end of this album:

No comments:

Post a Comment