I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Beautiful and Relaxing Weekend


Friday I spent a wonderful afternoon and evening with friends. I met Bryce and Lily in the Zocalo around 5:30 and we walked to a building that was hosting a film festival. We watched the last 30 minutes or so of a Mexican documentary that was quite bad. But, it gave us something to talk and laugh about the rest of the night. We walked around for a while before Megan met up with us and we headed to a restaurant a few blocks from the Zocalo. I had queso fundido and it was delicious. After dinner, we walked to a bar named Ago Go. It is kind of small but very cute and comfortable. Instead of chairs, some of the tables have beanbags to sit in. I ordered a great mojito. We stayed in the bar talking and laughing for a few hours before finally heading home around 12:30 or 1. It was an extremely relaxing and fun night.

Saturday morning I slept in until 11 or so. I had planned to do something with Pamela and her family this weekend, so I called her father a call to see what their plans were for the weekend and found out that they were attending someone’s birthday party on Saturday. They invited me to go with them, but I did not feel like going to a child’s birthday party, so we arranged that I would go with them to Alecia’s (Pamela’s mother) brother’s house with them today for dinner. However, Fermin called me this morning and as it turns out, they ended up spending the night wherever this birthday party took place and they would not be able to make it. So, I am glad I decided against the birthday party, but am bummed I did not get to spend some time with the family. It has been hard to work around my traveling schedule and fit them in, but hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I will be able to do something with them.

So with a free Saturday, I spent some time uploading all of my pictures to Facebook (link to follow) before having a relaxing lunch with Margarita and Lupita. Then, I met Lily and Bryce at the Ibero around 3:30 and we took a bus to Cholula. It was yet another gorgeous day in Puebla, and the church and pyramid looked so pretty. We  walked half way up the path to the church and decided to lay in the grass for a while and enjoy the beautiful weather and views. After an hour or so in the sun, we walked the rest of the way up to the Church of Our Lady of Remedies. It was definitely much easier this time, so I think I have finally adapted to the altitude. We took more pictures and then walked back down to the market area. We walked around Cholula for a couple of hours, and then went to a few bars, before grabbing a bite to eat and heading home for the night. Once again, a relaxing afternoon and evening with friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment