I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

1st Day of Classes…


Wednesday morning I was back on campus and received my schedule for the semester. Mondays through Thursday I have a grammar and Spanish language course from 9-11:10. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have a Survey of Latin American Literature course from 11:30-12:50. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a conversation class from 8-8:50 in the morning and a dance class from 5-7 at night. It will make for a long day, but I’ll have time to relax and go home if I want between morning classes and my dance class. On seven Wednesday evenings throughout the semester, I will have a Mexican Cuisine class, which should be fun. So, I only have 16 credits, two of which are the dancing and cooking classes. With no Friday classes and technically only three classes to complete work for, this semester should be a breeze academically. :)

My classes went well Wednesday morning, and after class I went to the bookstore on campus to buy a couple of the books. In Mexico, they don’t really abide by copyright laws, so I also had to go to the copy room and have two large packets copied for two of my classes. Basically, the professor chooses what you need from a variety of books, puts it all together, and then you can make copies of it all. Even though it’s illegal, it’s a great concept and definitely easier on the wallet! After I took care of books, I walked home and had a little free time before lunch. So, I decided to grab a blanket, book, and iPod and go lay out on the porch upstairs. I laid out for almost an hour before coming in for a delicious lunch of rice, chicken, potatoes, and bread. After such an exhausting day, I decided I needed a nap, haha. I slept for a couple of hours before getting up to work on some homework and have a yummy banana smoothie for dinner. It is so nice to finally know my schedule and to be able to set a daily routine for the next 3.5 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment