I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Friday, August 27, 2010

My wonderful family and home…

Me and my sister, Lupita 
I am so blessed to be living with an amazing family in a great neighborhood and home. I truly believe that the home-stay aspect of this experience can make or break the semester, and in my case I believe it will make it. I am living with a woman named Margarita. She has three children, Alejandro, Paco, and Lupita. Her two sons are in their late 20’s and early 30’s and married with children. Paco and his wife just had a baby 6 days ago, so this has been exciting time for the family. I hope to meet the boys and this new little baby soon. Lupita is 19, lives here at the house with us, and works for the government downtown near the Zocalo. Last night, I was only able to talk to her for a few minutes, but she seems very nice and I look forward to spending time with her, and hopefully having someone to go out and do things with. My house is very nice! There is a large living room area, a kitchen, four bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Off of the second floor is a large balcony area where I can lay out, do homework, or read if I want. I have my own room with two twin-sized beds, a huge closet (way bigger than the one I have at home!) with lots of shelf space, a desk area, and a television. They have Wi-Fi here at the house, and once they figure out the password for me, I should have Internet access at all times. My house is in an excellent location, and is only an 8-10 minute walk from the school. Most of the other students have to take buses or have a 20+ minute walk from their homes, so I am lucky. Also, the walk is fairly simple, and while my Mom walked me to school today, I feel confident to make the walk by myself tomorrow. On the way, there is a park with a running path and area to relax. This will be perfect, and I plan to walk to this park a few days a week before school to run. 
Me and my Mom, Margarita 

No comments:

Post a Comment