I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Sunday, August 29, 2010


Thursday I had my conversation class bright and early. There are only 4 students in the course and I have a different professor than my other classes that I really like. Even though it will be early, I think that I will like the course and it will help to improve my Spanish. After conversation, I had my normal grammar and language course. Then, the foreign studies office was putting on a lunch for all exchange and foreign students. There are probably 30-40 other exchange students from all over the world at school, and it was really nice to get to know some of them and know that there are other students in similar situations. The majority of these students had bought tickets to a club the following night, and so we all did as well. We were all ready for a night out on the town, but wanted to make sure we would all be together. Then, I had some time to kill before my dance class at 5, so Bryce and I walked to a shopping area sort of near campus in hopes of buying cell phones. This mission failed, as the majority of stores were closed from 2-4 for lunch. But, we were able to buy shampoo, conditioner, etc. at Mega, Wal-Mart’s competitor. Then, we stopped at my house to drop off my purchases and so that I could change my clothes. We headed back to campus for our dance class, which was a blast. There were 6 of us from the USAC program and then 8-10 other students and adults from the campus. We started out learning some basic steps before learning specific steps from the Cumbia and Salsa. There is one more woman than men in the class, but for the instructor, a very cute Mexican man J, steps in and it all works out. So, we dance in partners and continuously rotate so we all get to dance with one another. None of us are particularly great dancers, so the class is very relaxed and no one feels embarrassed or pressured. The class went by too fast, and I look forward to next Tuesday night. I went home and had a delicious banana smoothie before watching Pretty Woman and calling it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment