I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Friday, August 27, 2010

And so my journey begins...

View from my hotel room. 
Sunday morning my parents and I left for the airport around 10:30. We stopped to grab a bite to eat and arrived at the airport around 1. We said our tearful goodbyes, but each knowing that this will be the experience of a lifetime for me. I took a flight from Detroit to Houston, where I had a two-hour layover and time to grab a sandwich. Then, I flew from Houston directly to Puebla. Puebla’s airport has a single runway, so good luck if you miss the landing. They do not have walkways to enter the airport, but rather you walk down the stairs of the plane and into the airport, all while looking at the three army men standing with large guns and serious faces to your right. Once inside the airport, I went through customs, had all three of my bags searched, and went on my way to find a taxi. I took a taxi to “El Centro” or the downtown area of Puebla, where my hotel, El Hotel Colonial, was located. The hotel was very old, but extremely nice, and in a great location. I had the chance to Skype with my parents and a few friends before organizing my stuff and calling it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment