I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Sunday, August 29, 2010


I was able to sleep in until 10 or a little after on Friday morning, which was wonderful after a busy week of orientation and adjusting. Then, I went for a run in the park. I had only gone about ½ a kilometer and I had to stop and walk. Since we are so highly elevated, my body is definitely going to have to adjust. I continued to walk and run for 4 more kilometers. Hopefully, I will build up endurance while I am here and when I return home I’ll be able to run my ½ marathon without a problem. Every Friday morning, Margarita gets together with a group of her friends, and this week they were all at our house. So, when I returned from my run, I had breakfast and interacted with these women. Then, I went on a successful mission to buy a cell phone. Although I was able to buy the phone, I still have to register it, which is a lot more complicated than it sounds or need be, but something I will take care of this week. I also found the Wal-Mart, my bank, and a legit shopping mall that are only a 20 or so minute walk from my house. When I returned, Margarita and I had lunch, before I Skyped with my parents for a little bit. Then it was time to get ready to go out for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment