I have created this blog and will update it on a regular basis with the hopes of sharing my study abroad experience in Puebla, Mexico with family and friends back in the United States. : ) I can't wait to see everyone when I return in December. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys, and let me know that you are following along by commenting on pictures and and posts!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Night Out on the Town…


I met students from my group, as well as other exchange students on campus around 7. Lily, Bryce, Megan, and I wanted to make sure that we all stayed together for the night, so we all squeezed into a car of a friend of one of the exchange students. I would not normally just get in the car of someone I don’t know, but everything is so relaxed and just seems to work out down here, and so I felt comfortable doing so. We drove to a bar closer to downtown, where there was a reserved section waiting for all of. This bar was so elegant and chic and I was quite impressed. People started buying appetizers and drinks. Being the little mother that I am and being in a new, unknown city, I had decided not to drink. I was eventually talked into having one drink, which was good to take the edge off a bit, but not really affect me. It was fun to see everyone else loosen up a bit though. Finally, around 10, we sorted out the bill and tip and got in another random car to go the Prince, the nightclub where the party was being held.

When we arrived there were probably 200 people waiting outside of the club to get in. The guy that we were with just pushed his way to the front, and within 5 minutes, we were in. Prince is absolutely huge, about the size of a Target store. There are many areas to sit in groups and drinks, areas to dance, and bar areas. There was a large stage in the center and we had the opportunity to listen to a band featuring a cross-dresser. Quite a show, but they played both American and Spanish pop songs. The music alternated between the band and a DJ, and when the DJ was choosing songs, we had quite the range of music as well including some Backstreet Boys, Shania Twain, Snoop Dog, Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc. The four of us stuck together and danced the night away before finally leaving around 2:30. We took a taxi and for the four of us, it was 80 pesos, which is like $6.50. $1.60 for a cab ride across town, not bad. I arrived home around 2:45 and crashed. Quite a night and experience, but I am definitely glad I went and I look forward to future nights out, especially as my Spanish improves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment